UPDATE: So, about an hour after publishing this post (not exactly a trivial accomplishment with an active baby that is WAY too enthusiastic for opportunities to pound my keyboard and smudge my screen…), Tom tells me that this condo unit is rented by an American couple for the next two years. Anyways, probably a good investment strategy for the owner as beachfront prices are definitely on the rise and it makes sense to hold onto and rent out properties as they increase in value. One thought is that if you want a good buy and aren’t in a hurry to move in, you should lock in this price with the owner now.
If you are looking for a simple and affordable beachfront purchase, here is a really
good deal that’s currently available in Crucita: $55K for a 2BR/2BA beachfront condo.
Here are the details:
- Approximately 800 square feet enclosed
- Located on the ground floor (no stair-climbing required…a good thing since this building has no elevator)
- Balcony looking out onto the beach
- Constructed in 2007. The owner is the architect who built the condo building as well as the new condos next door.
- Basic appliances included (stove/refrigerator)
- 24 hour security. On-site maintenance available
- Access to the rooftop terrace for awesome sunset viewing
- Access to common area of the new adjacent condo building which includes a swimming pool that overlooks the beach
- Maintenance fees are $25/month
- Note: this unit is currently NOT plumbed for hot water. The owner has one of those electrical “suicide” electrical heater units attached to the shower head. Those things do work; Tom and I have used plenty of them in our days in Latin America but one may nevertheless consider cutting in a hot water line and installing an on-demand gas powered water heater…
For more details and photos, go to: http://ecuadorbeachfrontproperty.com/Condos2.html